Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Trio in North Carolina




The trio rarely sings at a church that requires an overnight stay, but we made an exception when Pastor Harper from the Evangelical Methodist Church called. It was so great for all of us to be together, because Jeremy has been working Monday-Saturday 5 am-5pm, and hasn't made many singings this summer. On our way we stoppped at Fatz Cafe for dinner. I have never seen David eat so much and this was a real blessing. The food was great! On the last 35 miles of the trip we were in search for a bathroom. Since we were way up in the mountains, this was an adventure to say the least. Then around 9 pm we met Brother Harper and went to the church to set the sound system. He was so hospitable and kind. Three of us slept fairly well and three didn't. I was the only one up at 6:00 and I needed breakfast and coffee, but I forgot where Bro. Harper told me that the resturant was located. Around 8:30 Penny was up needing coffee too and then we saw the only place in Linnville to eat. Penny dropped me off and she went to the gas station to get coffee (big mistake). While I waited for my food, I read all the stories about Grandfather Mountain, which was about 3 miles from the church. Did you know that this part of the country has a great Scottish clan heritage? One of the descendents started a singing and in 1963 they had over 100,000 attend including Dr. Billy Graham. I sure wish I could have been there. After eating by myself, I returned two more times with different members of the group. I really enjoyed this Sunday morning as we prepared for worship.

No comments:

Post a Comment